✓ Former D. A. Prosecutor & Public Defense Lawyers
If the stakes are high, you can count on our former government attorneys to use their knowledge of LA courts and experience successfully handling 8,000+ cases to skillfully defend your rights and fight your case.
✓ Immigration Attorney Los Angeles
Skilled in all visas, status adjustments, naturalization and minimizing immigration consequences for DUI or Criminal charges.
Los Angeles DUI Lawyer, Criminal Defense Attorney, Immigration Lawyer
Chudnovsky Law is a top rated LA law firm with a team of Los Angeles DUI attorneys, criminal lawyers and immigration attorneys working together.
Our former District Attorney Prosecutor & Public Defense lawyers know the system inside out and how to achieve the best outcome possible in your case.
After successfully prosecuting and defending over 8,000 cases, our lawyers know how the Los Angeles District Attorney's office and judges operate and how to work with them. We also know what to look for in LAPD, California Highway Patrol & LA Sheriff reports when constructing your defense.
Experience You Can Trust
Often it is not the facts of the case that result in a great outcome, but understanding the system, relationships and the skillful presentation of your case to the judge or prosecutor. Our former government lawyers understand what prosecutors and judges are thinking and what they need to know in order to resolve your case favorably.
Los Angeles DUI Attorney & Drunk Driving Defense
✓ Former Prosecutor & Public Defender Now Fighting for You
Our Los Angeles DUI defense attorneys are former government lawyers that know the legal system inside out. They have successfully handled 1000's of cases of every type from first time DUI to vehicular manslaughter.
✓ We Appear for You in Court & DMV Hearings
Usually you will not need to appear in court or the DMV hearing unless you wish to. Our DUI lawyer Los Angeles can handle everything for you.
✓ DUI and Immigration Lawyers for Foreign Citizen DUI
Chudnovsky Law also offers a rare team including both immigration and DUI lawyers skilled at handling DUI immigration consequences for foreign citizens. For many H1B DUI and international F1 student visa DUI, an arrest can trigger the automatic revocation of their visa. A determination of guilt is NOT required.
Call 213-212-5002 for a Free, confidential case review. The sooner you contact us to begin your defense the better.
Fighting LA DUI Charges
How We Fight LA DUI Charges
DUI cases are almost never hopeless. Police officers can bungle roadside investigations and arrests. Blood alcohol and breathalyzer tests are prone to error. Blood alcohol test readings can be inaccurate due to medical conditions and some foods. Our experienced Los Angeles DUI attorney knows how to capitalize on these issues to challenge cases or reduce the final charges.
DUI drunk driving cases often have flaws or mistakes
Challenging a DUI charge is almost always smarter than just pleading guilty. Are you aware that:
- Under California DUI laws Los Angeles police officers must follow standardized procedures in their DUI roadside investigations...but many don't?
- Blood alcohol testing is technically difficult and can be prone to error. When we re-test blood samples, it's not uncommon to get different readings or find that the blood sample was contaminated?
- There are common medical conditions, device malfunctions and over 100 interfering substances that can cause breathalyzers to indicate falsely high blood alcohol levels?
There are four main components to the LA DA's DUI case
The standard of proof requirement for a District Attorney is beyond a reasonable doubt. Courts can dismiss cases if a DUI lawyer Los Angeles can show that the DA's case is not 100% free of a reasonable doubt. The four main components District Attorneys use to prove their case are as follows:
- Driving pattern visual cues: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has categorized 24 visual cues for officers to detect impaired motorists including weaving, speeding and ignoring traffic signals.
- Physical symptoms & signs: Police observations such as alcohol odor, bloodshot eyes or unsteadily walking are usually easiest for the defense to discredit.
- Field sobriety tests such as Nystagmus tests or walking a line.
- Chemical alcohol tests or refusal to take a test: There are many ways to discredit blood test results and breathalyzer readings.
Successful DUI defenses usually involve identifying issues in any of the four components above to show there is a reasonable doubt. The best Los Angeles DUI lawyers will analyze your case evidence to identify the highest probability defense strategy to use.
You Only Have 10 Days After a DUI to Stop an Automatic License Suspension
How We Work to Save Your License
DUI charges trigger a criminal court process and a separate California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) administrative process. The process involved in DMV "Admin per se" (APS) hearings is separate from and runs parallel to the criminal court process. Some key considerations:
1. We must request your hearing within 10 days to stop suspension
After a California DUI arrest, we only have 10 days to request a DMV APS hearing in order to keep your license to drive.
If we do not request the hearing in time, the DMV will automatically suspend your license after 30 days.
2. The DMV hearing officer is usually interested in the following:
- Were you the driver of the vehicle?
- Did the police officer follow California laws and have reasonable cause for your arrest?
- Was it reasonable for the police or California Highway Patrol officer to believe you were driving while under the influence of alcohol or other substances?
- Was your blood alcohol level .08% or higher (.05% or more if under age 21)?
3. How these questions are answered is critical to keep your license
Police typically have good reasons to believe you were driving under the influence, even if you were not. And your exact BAC may not be known yet as it can take weeks for results to be available.
4. Our former DMV hearing officer or lawyer will represent you to maximize the odds you keep your license
Unless you are an expert in DUI laws you probably won't be able to provide appropriate answers or even know exactly what the DMV hearing officer is looking for. Our DUI lawyers Los Angeles and DMV experts have conducted 1000's of APS hearings and know exactly how to make best use of the DMV hearing process and procedures and maximize the odds you will keep your license.
5. It is critical to hire your DUI lawyer before the hearing
The sooner you contact us to begin your defense, the better. There are several reasons why it is important that you hire the best DUI attorney Los Angeles to represent you before the DMV hearing:
- Our lawyers can request key evidence before the hearing such as the exact blood alcohol level test results.
- We understand all the laws surrounding California DUI arrests and would know how to analyze whether the police officer made a lawful arrest.
- If you don't hire an attorney, California will assign a public defender to represent you. Public defenders will not represent you at DMV hearings, but we will.
6. We can use the hearing to gather valuable evidence for court case
Our DUI lawyers in Los Angeles may also use the DMV hearing as an opportunity to gather evidence that could be useful in your court case. For example, we can subpoena breathalyzer maintenance and calibration logs, often revealing a history of malfunctions and inaccurate readings. We can also subpoena the arresting police officer to testify at the DMV hearing and elicit testimony about poor DUI training and mistakes in the investigation or arrest.
The different procedures involved in a DUI court case and DMV hearing are complex and the cost of losing is high, so let our experienced DUI defence lawyers help you every step of the way.
Types of DUI Charges & Penalties
California DUI penalties and consequences can vary widely based on many factors. California DUI laws define the range of penalties a judge may impose. Judges are given discretion to select from a range of California DUI consequences based on the facts in the case, severity of the offense committed and the defendant's number of prior DUI convictions.
Under California DUI laws, a conviction counts on your record as a prior conviction for 10 years. Once a DUI charge is more than 10 years old, it is not considered a prior conviction for any subsequent offenses.
Other DUI consequences
Seek out the best DUI attorney in Los Angeles to help with reducing the variety of other costs and complications that can come with a DUI conviction:
In addition to DMV and court penalties, DUI convictions create a variety of other costs and complications:
- DUIs can affect professional licenses, insurance and certifications.
- Auto insurance costs go up and trigger SR22 insurance requirements.
- Job applicants are usually asked about prior convictions and background checks will show them unless the conviction has been expunged.
- DUI conviction can affect university admission decisions and qualifying for financial aid.
- Some convictions require the installation of ignition interlock devices on vehicles.
- Foreign nationals must explain DUI arrest details when asked by DHS when applying for visas, change of status, green cards or entering the US.
California DUI consequences by type of DUI
Most DUI penalties can either be dramatically reduced or eliminated if the charges are dismissed or reduced to a lesser offense. Even the DMV license suspension may be avoided if you act quickly and hire a DUI lawyer. A skilled Los Angeles DUI attorney can request a DMV hearing to save your license and use a range of negotiation and defense strategies to achieve the best possible outcome to your case.
The penalties by type of DUI are as follows:
- First DUI penalties →
- Second DUI penalties →
- Third DUI penalties →
- Commercial driver DUI penalties →
- Felony DUI with bodily injury penalties →
- Non-US citizen DUI penalties →
USC DUI Lawyer | UCLA DUI Lawyer
Chudnovsky Law represents students for DUI and criminal defense at all universities in LA county including: USC, UCLA, East Los Angeles College, Santa Monica College, California State University Northridge, and Los Angeles City College. USC students that are arrested for DUI should contact Chudnovsky Law's USC DUI lawyer.
The University of Southern California (USC) reported 11,387 international students in Fall 2017, making USC one of the largest international student universities in the United States. International F1 student visa DUI causes a variety of complications, including the risk of F1 student visa deportation due to the automatic revocation of visas that can occur when a student is arrested. International students facing DUI or criminal charges should consult with the immigration and criminal defense attorneys of Chudnovsky Law in order to minimize the effects on their ability to continue to study in the US.
You Only Have 10 Days After A DUI To Stop An Automatic DMV License Suspension
Call 213-212-5002 for a Free consultation. The sooner you contact us to begin your defense the better.
LA Criminal Defense
✓ Former Prosecutor & Public Defense Lawyers
You can count on our former government lawyers to use their knowledge of the legal system and experience successfully handling 8,000+ cases to skillfully defend your rights and fight your case.
✓ Now Providing an Aggressive Defense for You
When the stakes are high, it is critical to hire a skilled Los Angeles criminal attorney to intervene early to aggressively defend your case and try to get the case dropped before it even goes to court.
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
If your freedom is on the line due to a criminal charge or investigation, you need an experienced Los Angeles defense lawyer to skillfully protect you and fight your case.
As former government attorneys, we know the legal system inside and out
Our former Deputy District Attorney Prosecutor & Public Defense attorneys have prosecuted and defended 1,000's of cases working as government lawyers. We know how district attorneys and the LAPD investigate and construct cases against you, where to find any weaknesses and how to create the best defense strategies.
Our lawyers not only know the system, they are at home in it. Our Los Angeles criminal defense lawyers have a proven track record of 60+ years of combined experience successfully handling over 8,000+ cases and jury trials.
Top rated Los Angeles criminal attorneys
Often it is not the facts of the case that result in a great outcome, but understanding the system, relationships and a skillful presentation of your case to the judge or prosecutor. Our Los Angeles criminal defense attorney understands what judges and the LA prosecutor's office are thinking and what they need to know in order to reach the best possible outcome.
Team of criminal attorneys, investigators & experts
We have top investigators and experts available when needed to conduct interviews, testify & gather evidence to exonerate you. Our LA criminal lawyer also has resources we can work with to create a mitigation package to explain to the LA District Attorney's office why a case should be dropped or reduced before it ever reaches a courtroom.
If your case cannot be dismissed or defeated, we have relationships with many alternative sentencing options that can be proposed to the prosecutor and judge if appropriate. Alternative sentencing programs are based on the belief that treatment or rehab is a more effective solution for offenders than prison sentences.
Multilingual immigration & criminal lawyers for non-US citizens
The intersection between immigration and criminal law is one of the most complex areas of US law. Our criminal defense lawyer Los Angeles is recognized as a leader in the defense of non-US citizens and minimizing the immigration consequences of criminal charges. The firm provides multi-lingual legal services in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Hebrew, Español and Amharic.
Don't wait for prosecutors to make the first move
Call 213-212-5002 for a Free, confidential case review to start your defense! We are available 7 days a week.
LA Criminal Defense Practice Areas
Our experienced LA criminal defense lawyers have handled over 8,000 cases and jury trials involving virtually every type of charge. Chudnovsky Law also represents clients under investigation, working with the D.A. office or Federal prosecutors to show why a case should be dropped or reduced before charges are even filed.
DUI drunk driving attorney Los Angeles
- DUI, Driving While Intoxicated, Vehicle Code 23152(a) VC, Vehicle Code 23152(b) VC
- Vehicular Assault and Manslaughter
- Felony Drunk Driving
- Child Endangerment
- Drunk in Public
Los Angeles sex crime attorney
- Indecent Exposure
- Lewd Conduct, Penal Code 647(a) PC
- Internet Sex Crime
- Sexual Assault, Statutory Rape
- Criminal Sexual Conduct
- Sex Solicitation
- Prostitution, Penal Code 647(b) PC
White collar crime lawyers Los Angeles
- Identity Theft, Penal Code 530.5 PC
- Financial Crimes
- Tax Crimes
- Credit Card Fraud, Penal Code 484e PC, 484f PC, 484g PC, 484h PC, 484i PC, 484j PC
- Forgery, Penal Code 470 PC
- Insurance Fraud, Penal Code 550 PC
- Welfare Fraud, Welfare and Institutions Code 10980 WI
Criminal lawyer Los Angeles post-conviction services
- Driving License Restoration
- Parole & Probation Violations
Theft & burglary attorney Los Angeles
- Theft Crimes, Penal Codes 484 PC, 459 PC, 487 PC, 496 PC
- Armed Robbery, Burglary, Penal Code 459 PC
- Credit Card Theft
- Misdemeanor Theft
- Petty Theft, Penal Code 484 PC
- Federal Crime Defense
- Receiving Stolen Property
Los Angeles Federal criminal defense attorney
- White Collar Crimes
- Medicare Fraud, Medicaid Fraud
- Interstate Drug Crimes
- Federal Financial Crimes
- Money Laundering
- Tax Fraud, Tax Evasion
- Insider Trading
- Bank Fraud, Forgery
- Conspiracy, Espionage
- Securities Fraud
Assault & violent crime
- Assault, Penal Code 245(a)(1) PC
- Hit and Run
- Weapons Charge
- Domestic Violence, Penal Code 273.5 PC
- Homicide, Penal Code 187 PC, 191.5 PC, 192 PC
- Arson, Penal Code 451 PC
- Robbery, Penal Code 211 PC
- Criminal Threats, Penal Code 422 PC
- Arson Charges
- Kidnapping, Penal Code 207 PC
- Aggravated Assault
- Conspiracy, Penal Code 182 PC
- Extortion, Penal Code 518 PC
- Assault with Intent to Murder
- Gun Law and Charges, Felony Firearm
Los Angeles drug lawyer
- LA Pot Dispensary Violations
- Possession with Intent to Deliver
- Marijuana Crimes
- Drug defense attorney Los Angeles
- Making Hash Oil, Honey Oil
- OC Drug Possession
- Prescription Drug Charges
- Federal & Major Felony Drug Trafficking
- Drug Cultivation and Manufacturing
- Drug Distribution and Sales
Elder abuse & neglect, Penal Code 368 PC
Shoplifting defense attorney
Los Angeles Superior Court System
Chudnovsky Law is one of the top rated criminal law firms in Los Angeles representing clients in all LA County courts. The LA Superior Court (LASC) is one of 58 superior courts created by Article VI of California's Constitution. LASC encompasses 88 cities, 140 unincorporated areas and over 90 law enforcement agencies. It serves a population of over 10 million residents with 38 courthouses organized into 12 judicial districts throughout LA County’s 4,752 square miles. The LASC is known to be tough on criminal charges and, if charged, you should hire the best criminal defense attorney Los Angeles CA to defend you.
- LA criminal court judges handle more than 200,000 criminal cases per year.
- In 2017, LASC processed 38,513 felony and 97,152 misdemeanor criminal case filings.
- In 2017, the entire State of California court system processed 200,200 felony and 841,716 misdemeanor criminal case filings.
- The LA court system is funded at only 72% of the amount required to do the work on these cases.
- Nearly 40 percent of criminal cases languish beyond the time standards for disposition.
- LASC provides interpreter services to all 600 LA County courtrooms for 89 languages including rare and indigenous dialects.
- The LASC annual budget exceeds $700 million.
- LASC has 580 judicial officers and more than 4,300 permanent employees.
LA Court Districts and Courthouse Locations
- 1) Central Arraignment Courthouse
- 2) Central Civil West Courthouse
- 3) Edmund D. Edelman Children’s Courthouse
- 4) Stanley Mosk Courthouse
- 5) Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center
- 6) East LA Courthouse
- 7) Eastlake Juvenile Courthouse
- 8) Hollywood Courthouse
- 9) Mental Health Courthouse
- 10) Metropolitan Courthouse
- A) Court Archives and Record Center
- B) Hall of Records
- 11) El Monte Courthouse
- 12) Pomona Courthouse
- 13) West Covina Courthouse
North Central District
- 14) Burbank Courthouse
- 15) Glendale Courthouse
- 16) Alfred J. McCourtney Juvenile Justice Center Courthouse
- 17) Michael D. Antonovich Antelope Valley Courthouse
North Valley District
- 18) Chatsworth Courthouse
- 19) Santa Clarita Courthouse
- 20) San Fernando Courthouse
- 21) Sylmar Juvenile Courthouse
- 22) Alhambra Courthouse
- 23) Pasadena Courthouse
- 24) Van Nuys East Courthouse
- 25) Van Nuys West Courthouse
South Central District
- 26) Compton Courthouse
- 27) Catalina Courthouse
- 28) Governor George Deukmejian Courthouse
- 29) Downey Courthouse
- 30) Bellflower Courthouse
- 31) Norwalk Courthouse
- 32) Los Padrinos Juvenile Courthouse
- 33) Inglewood Courthouse
- 34) Inglewood Juvenile Courthouse
- 35) Torrance Courthouse
- 36) Airport Courthouse
- 37) Beverly Hills Courthouse
- 38) Santa Monica Courthouse
US Immigration Court Downtown LA
Criminal defense services in other languages
Our attorneys speak Español, French, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Hebrew & Amharic.
Immigration Lawyer Los Angeles
Chudnovsky Law is a full service immigration law firm for corporations, investors, professionals and families. Our multilingual immigration lawyer LA has the ability and experience to advise clients how to use highly complex US laws to achieve their goals and minimize risks. We have the knowledge and resources to handle even the most complex immigration, criminal defense, business, tax, estate planning and asset protection needs of our clients.
We Help Achieve Your Immigration Goals
Our experienced Los Angeles immigration attorneys guide clients through US immigration laws to achieve their immigration or business goals. USCIS offers over 100 different classes of visas, each with its own application requirements, costs, processing times and expiration dates. Chudnovsky Law immigration attorneys offer one-stop, streamlined immigration services on the full range of US visa and immigration options available.
Chudnovsky Law's Los Angeles immigration lawyers offer a full range of immigration & visa services including:
Adjustment of status due to marriage
- EB1 visa: extraordinary ability; outstanding researcher & professor; multinational executive
- EB-2 visa: exceptional ability; advanced degree; national interest waiver
- EB-3 visa: skilled worker or professional
- EB-4 visa: broadcast professional, religious worker and armed force member
- EB-5 visa: investor and entrepreneurs
Employment based visas
- H-1B visa: specialty skill occupation
- H-2B visa: temporary non-agricultural worker
- L-1 visa: intra-company transfer
- O-1 visa: extraordinary ability in science, education, business, athletics, arts, motion pictures or television
- E-3 visa: Australian national
Investment and business based visas
- E-1 visa: international trade with a treaty country
- E-2 visa: investors from E-2 visa countries
- TN visa: Canadian and Mexican citizen NAFTA
Los Angeles Dependant Visa Attorneys for Family based & Spousal visas
- K-1 visa: Fiancé visa
- K-2 visa: dependent visa
- K-3 visa: spouse visa
- K-4 visa: child visa
- Parent visa for parents of a US citizen
Education based visas
- F-1 visa: international student
- U visa for humanitarian victims
LA Immigration Attorneys for Adjustment of Status, Green Card & Legal Permanent Residence
Aliens living in California may be eligible to adjust status to legal permanent resident without leaving the U.S. Adjustment of status is only available to immigrants who are 1) living in the US, and 2) qualified to get a green card. For non-citizens that wish to get green cards while outside of the U.S. will have to go through consular processing.
When aliens "adjust status," they change from being a visa-holder to a green card holder. Once aliens have a green card, they are considered legal permanent residents.
Foreigner eligibility for adjustment of status depends on the terms of their immigrant visa. If you require assistance, contact qualified immigration attorneys in Los Angeles, CA. Usually there are 4 requirements for adjusting status:
- The alien is presently in the U.S. lawfully
- The alien entered the U.S. lawfully
- The alien has followed all the terms of his/her visa
- The alien meets the qualifications to receive a green card
If you are an illegal immigrant, find the best immigration law firms Los Angeles to see if you may qualify for one of the rare situations where illegal aliens may still be able to adjust their status.
Criminal Immigration Attorney Los Angeles
A DUI or criminal conviction can have serious consequences for your immigration status if you are a non-US citizen. Under US immigration law, criminal convictions can lead to a non-citizen being deported regardless of how long they have lived in the US or how well-established their life is here.
If you are a non-US citizen facing DUI or criminal charges, it is critical that you be represented by a criminal immigration lawyer Los Angeles who understand both immigration law and criminal law. You should seek out the best immigration attorney Los Angeles CA. Chudnovsky Law is recognized as a leader in the intersection of immigration and criminal law and minimizing the immigration consequences of crimes. Call for a Free Consultation with one of our attorneys.
· · ·
Immigration lawyers in Los Angeles in Espanol and French:
· · ·
Serving all Los Angeles County cities including:
Alhambra, Beverly Hills DUI attorney, Brentwood, Burbank, Culver City, El Segundo, Encino, Glendale, Hollywood, Huntington Park, La Habra criminal defense lawyer, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Pasadena, Pomona, San Fernando, Santa Clarita criminal defense attorneys, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, Torrance, Van Nuys criminal attorney, Venice, West Covina DUI defense lawyers, West Hollywood, and Woodland Hills.
· · ·
Last updated 7.16.18.
I got charged with a felony and was very worried about my visa and my job. The arrest caused my visa to be terminated. My prior immigration attorney recommended Chudnovsky Law to me. Tsion and her team reviewed the case and all the evidence for issues. She worked with the DA office to get the charges dismissed. She also got my visa reissued. Her fixed fee wasn't the lowest, but she got me my life back. I can recommend without reservation!
Victor, Google User
I was arrested for a DUI in LA and a friend told me to call Chudnovsky Law. Tsion gave me a free consult and took the time to carefully review what happened and explain the different ways they could fight the case. She is really good at listening and putting you at ease. As a professional with a license that could be suspended I was pretty freaked out. Even though I blew .16 at the DUI checkpoint, she was able to get the charge reduced to dry reckless. I kept my license and she is going to get the charge expunged off my record in a year. Very smart, hard working DUI defence lawyer you’d be fortunate to have represent you. Best DUI attorney in Los Angeles.
Bill, Google User
Very Smart Lawyers and Very Good Service. I needed a Spanish speaking DUI lawyer and immigration lawyer to help me with my DUI. Ms Tsion Chudnovsky explained DUI en Espanol including the DUI immigration problems and how they fight the charges. They did all the court appearances for me and made sure I did not have to spend any time in jail. They saved my license and saved me a lot of money in fines. They also made sure there were no immigration problem. Tsion Chudnovsky es el mejor abogado DUI. Muchas gracias.
Ricardo, Google User