Top Rated Los Angeles DUI Lawyer
✓ We Have Defended 1000's of Cases
Our experienced LA DUI defense attorneys have successfully defended virtually every type of charge from 1st time DUI to vehicular manslaughter.
✓ Achieve the Best Possible Outcome
After analyzing your case evidence & all potential defenses, our LA DUI lawyers will recommend the strategy likely to achieve the best possible outcome.
✓ You Only Have 10 days to Save Your License
The DMV will suspend your license unless you request an APS hearing within 10 days. The sooner you contact us to begin your defense, the better.
✓ We Appear for You in Court & DMV Hearings
In most cases, you will not need to appear in court or the DMV APS hearing unless you wish to. Our DUI defense attorneys can handle everything for you.
DUI Lawyer in Los Angeles, CA for All Types of DUI
Los Angeles DUI Attorneys & Drunk Driving Defense
Our lawyers understand that a DUI or DWI arrest and losing your license can have a major impact on your life. Our experienced Los Angeles DUI lawyers have handled 1000's of cases including misdemeanor drunk driving, multiple DUI offenses, professional license DUI, foreign citizen DUI and felony cases including vehicular manslaughter and "Watson murder" charges.
Regardless of the severity of your case, our skilled DUI attorneys in Los Angeles, CA carefully deconstructs the evidence to identify any flaws that can contribute to a successful DUI defense. Our top lawyers know how the Los Angeles District Attorney's office and LA County courts operate and how to work with them. Our smart & aggressive defense will help achieve the best possible outcome for you.
DUI and Immigration attorneys for immigrant DUI deportation & visa issues
Chudnovsky Law also offers a rare team including both immigration and DUI lawyers skilled at handling DUI immigration consequences for non-US citizens. For many H1B and international student F1 visa holders, a DUI arrest can trigger an automatic visa revocation. A determination of guilt is NOT required.
Call 844-325-1444 for a Free, confidential case review. The sooner you contact us to begin your defense the better.
I was arrested for a DUI in LA
and a friend told me to call Chudnovsky Law. Tsion gave me a free consult and took the time to carefully review what happened and explain the different ways they could fight the case. She is really good at listening and putting you at ease.
As a professional with a license that could be suspended I was pretty freaked out. Even though I blew .16 at the DUI checkpoint, she was able to get the charge reduced to dry reckless. I kept my license and she is going to get the charge expunged off my record in a year. Very smart, hard working attorney you’d be fortunate to have represent you.
Bill, Google User
Excellent DUI Attorneys!
They saved my license and got my DUI dismissed due to a police mistake! They saved me a lot of fines and my visa. Fair price and they were very professional and great to work with. No drama just results and they explained everything to me really good.
Enzo, Google User
Chudnovsky Law helped me with a DUI H1B visa matter.
I was alarmed to receive a notice that my H-1B visa was revoked when I got charged with a DUI after a party. It happened so fast and USCIS did not even give me a chance to defend myself before revoking it. I had to search a lot to find a law firm that has DUI and immigration lawyers in the same firm to properly take care of this.
Once I spoke with Tsion Chudnovsky I knew I found the right place. She explained everything we needed to do...how she would fight the DUI charge and get my visa reissued. Their former DMV officer did my DMV hearing and made sure I kept my license and got some good information that was important for my defense.
Tsion's team is very connected in the DA's office and knows how to get things done. The bottom line is they took care of me and got my H1B visa reissued no problem. If you are here on a visa and need legal help, this is the right law firm.
Sanjeev, Yelp User
Very smart lawyers and very good service. I needed a Spanish speaking DUI lawyer and immigration lawyer to help me with my DUI.
Ms Tsion Chudnovsky explained DUI en Espanol including the DUI immigration problems and how they fight the charges. They did all the court appearances for me and made sure I did not have to spend any time in jail. It was not cheap but they saved my license and saved me a lot of money in fines. They also made sure there were no immigration problem. Tsion Chudnovsky es el mejor abogado DUI. Muchas gracias.
Ricardo, Google User
Fighting DUI Charges
How We Fight DUI Charges
DUI cases are almost never hopeless. Police officers can bungle roadside investigations and arrests. Blood alcohol and breathalyzer tests are prone to error. Blood alcohol test readings can be inaccurate due to medical conditions and some foods. Our experienced Los Angeles DUI defense lawyers know how to capitalize on these issues to challenge cases or reduce the final charges.
DUI drunk driving cases often have flaws or mistakes
Challenging a DUI charge is almost always smarter than just pleading guilty. Are you aware that:
- Police officers must follow standardized procedures in their DUI roadside investigations...but many don't?
- Blood alcohol testing is technically difficult and can be prone to error. When we re-test blood samples, it's not uncommon to get different readings or find that the blood sample was contaminated?
- There are common medical conditions, device malfunctions and over 100 interfering substances that can cause breathalyzers to indicate falsely high blood alcohol levels?
There are four main components to a DA's DUI case
The standard of proof requirement for a District Attorney is beyond a reasonable doubt. Courts can dismiss cases that are not 100% free of a reasonable doubt. The four main components District Attorneys use to prove their case are as follows:
- Driving pattern visual cues: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has categorized 24 visual cues for officers to detect impaired motorists including weaving, speeding and ignoring traffic signals.
- Physical symptoms & signs: Police observations such as alcohol odor, bloodshot eyes or unsteadily walking are usually easiest for the defense to discredit.
- Field sobriety tests such as Nystagmus tests or walking a line.
- Chemical alcohol tests or refusal to take a test: There are many ways to discredit blood test results and breathalyzer readings.
Successful DUI defenses usually involve identifying issues in any of the four components above to show there is a reasonable doubt. The best Los Angeles DUI lawyers will analyze your case evidence to identify the highest probability defense strategy to use.
How We Save Your License
DUI charges trigger a criminal court process and a separate California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) administrative process. The process involved in DMV "Admin per se" (APS) hearings is separate from and runs parallel to the criminal court process. Some key considerations:
1. We must request your hearing within 10 days to stop suspension
After a California DUI arrest, we only have 10 days to request a DMV APS hearing in order to keep your license to drive.
If we do not request the hearing in time, the DMV will automatically suspend your license after 30 days.
2. The DMV hearing officer is usually interested in the following:
- Were you the driver of the vehicle?
- Did the police officer follow California laws and have reasonable cause for your arrest?
- Was it reasonable for the police officer to believe you were driving while under the influence of alcohol or other substances?
- Was your blood alcohol level .08% or higher (.05% or more if under age 21)?
3. How these questions are answered is critical to keep your license
Police typically have good reasons to believe you were driving under the influence, even if you were not. And your exact BAC may not be known yet as it can take weeks for results to be available.
4. Our former DMV hearing officer or lawyer will represent you to maximize the odds you keep your license
Unless you are an expert in DUI laws you probably won't be able to provide appropriate answers or even know exactly what the DMV hearing officer is looking for. Our experts have conducted 1000's of APS hearings and know exactly how to make best use of the DMV hearing process and procedures and maximize the odds you will keep your license.
5. It is critical to hire your DUI lawyer before the hearing
The sooner you contact us to begin your defense, the better. There are several reasons why it is important that you hire the best Los Angeles DUI lawyer to represent you before the DMV hearing:
- Our lawyers can request key evidence before the hearing such as the exact blood alcohol level test results.
- We understand all the laws surrounding California DUI arrests and would know how to analyze whether the police officer made a lawful arrest.
- If you don't hire an attorney, California will assign a public defender to represent you. Public defenders will not represent you at DMV hearings, but we will.
6. We can use the hearing to gather valuable evidence for court case
Your lawyer may also use the DMV hearing as an opportunity to gather evidence that could be useful in your court case. For example, we can subpoena breathalyzer maintenance and calibration logs, often revealing a history of malfunctions and inaccurate readings. We can also subpoena the arresting police officer to testify at the DMV hearing and elicit testimony about poor DUI training and mistakes in the investigation or arrest.
The different procedures involved in a DUI court case and DMV hearing are complex and the cost of losing is high, so let our experienced Los Angeles DUI lawyers help you every step of the way.
You Only Have 10 Days After A DUI To Stop An Automatic DMV License Suspension
Call 844-325-1444 for a Free consultation. The sooner you contact us to begin your defense the better.
After a DUI
What To Do After a DUI
The entire process, from getting pulled over, through field sobriety test, an arrest, a chemical breath tests, all the way to your release from custody, can happen quickly and become a blur over time. It is important to document as much as you can about what happened throughout the entire process. Write down as much as you can remember, including:
- What happened when you were pulled over
- What the police officer said about sobriety tests, and how they were executed
- What the police officer said about a preliminary alcohol screening test (breathalyzer)
- What happened during the arrest & transportation to the police station
- What the police officer said about providing a chemical breath test
- How the officer executed the chemical breath test
All of this information may be helpful for exploring defenses available to you in your DMV administrative license hearing and in your criminal case. Even though police officers conduct DUI stops all the time, they can make mistakes or take shortcuts in violation of your rights. An unconstitutional traffic stop should not lead to a criminal conviction. LA County has estimated that DUI cost Los Angeles County $2 billion in economic costs. Huntington Beach DUI Attorney, Newport Beach DUI Attorney, Orange County DUI Defense Lawyers, Santa Monica DUI Lawyer, DUI Defence Lawyers
Call 844 325-1444 For a Free Case Review
Our experienced DUI defense lawyers can review the specific facts for your case and know how to advise and defend you for the best possible outcome.