Top Rated Orange County DUI Attorney
✓ Former OC Prosecutor & Public Defender
Our Orange County DUI lawyers are experienced former government attorneys that use their expertise of the system to skillfully fight for you.
✓ Experience Defending Thousands of Cases
Our experienced DUI defense lawyers have successfully defended virtually every type of charge from first time DUI to vehicular homicide.
✓ We Have 10 Days to Request DMV Hearing
DMV will automatically suspend your license unless we request a hearing within 10 days. The sooner we can start your defense, the better.
✓ We Appear in DMV & Court Hearings For You
In most instances, you will not have to attend DMV or court hearings unless you want to. Our Orange County DUI attorney can handle them for you.
DUI Defense Lawyer in Orange County, CA for All OC DUI Cases
Orange County DUI Lawyer for Drunk Driving Defense
Our attorneys know that a DUI or drunk driving arrest and losing your license can have a major impact on your personal and professional life. Our skilled Orange County DUI lawyers have handled thousands of cases including first time DUI, 2nd, 3rd DUIs, commercial drivers license, non-US citizen DUI and bodily injury felony DUIs including vehicular manslaughter.
Regardless how serious your case is, our experienced DUI defense attorney in Orange County, CA will carefully analyze the evidence to identify any issues that will contribute to a successful DUI defense. There are many defenses available. Our top lawyers know how the Orange County District Attorney's office and OC courts operate and how to navigate the system for you. Our aggressive defense will help achieve the best possible results in your case.
Immigration and DUI lawyers available for immigrant DUI visa issues
Our firm offers both DUI and immigration attorneys experienced with minimizing the DUI immigration consequences for foreign nationals. Chudnovsky Law is known for skilled DUI representation of F1 international students & H-1B visa holders. DUI arrests can cause immigration visas to be revoked. Even if the case is dismissed.
Call 949-750-2500 for a Free consultation. The sooner we can begin your defense the better.
My brother was charged with a DUI and we needed a Spanish speaking DUI lawyer that also really knows immigration law. My friend recommended I call Chudnovsky Law and he was so right. Ms Tsion Chudnovsky is an exceptional attorney that explained everything in Español to my brother and she helped him with the DUI immigration consequences.
Ms. Chudnovsky has a big heart and really knows both DUI and immigration law issues better than anybody. She saved my brother's license and lots of fines. She also helped us avoid so much immigration headaches and made sure he didn't have to serve any jail time. Our whole family is very grateful we found her.
Adrian, Google User
I was referred to Ms Chudnovsky through a friend and am very happy I found her. I got charged with a 2nd DUI and was facing big fines and jail time. Tsion got the sentence reduced to 4 days from the 90 days offered by the district attorney. She also got the parole violation dismissed which was a big deal for me.
She's a busy lawyer and is working on many cases everyday, but she always finds time to respond by email or phone and is very pleasant to work with, especially when scary stuff is looming over your head. I have referred her to a work colleague with a visa DUI problem. I can recommend Chudnovsky Law without reservation to anyone needing an exceptional criminal or immigration lawyer.
Veronica, Yelp User
Felony DUI Was Reduced To Dry Reckless. I got in an accident and was arrested for a DUI. Unfortunately there was substantial injury involved and I got charged with Felony DUI. I was really freaked out by the whole thing and what the consequences could be.
Tsion and her team really went above and beyond to calm me down and educate me on my options and how they would attack the charges. After some careful research, they identified some issues with the evidence and were able to able reduce the charge to a dry reckless and I kept my license. I can wholeheartedly recommend Chudnovsky Law. They are top notch!
Maria, AVVO User
Our Office Location
How To Fight DUIs
How to Fight DUI Charges and Win
California DUI cases are rarely hopeless. Police officers bungle roadside investigations. Breathalyzers and blood testing are prone to error. Medical conditions and certain foods render falsely high blood alcohol readings. Our experienced DUI defense lawyer Orange County knows how to capitalize on these issues to win cases or reduce the charges.
Most people arrested for a California DUI charge assume the evidence against them is insurmountable. Most of them are wrong.
DUI & DWI cases often have flaws or errors
Fighting a DUI or DWI charge almost always makes more sense than simply pleading guilty. For example, did you know:
- More than 100 interfering substances, medical conditions and equipment malfunctions can cause DUI breathalyzers to generate falsely high readings?
- DUI blood testing is prone to error. When we re-test clients' blood samples at independent laboratories, we frequently get different results...and sometimes find that the original sample was contaminated?
- Police officers are required to follow a standardized set of procedures in DUI roadside investigations...and very few of them do?
There are Four Key Elements to a Prosectors Case
In an Orange County DUI criminal case, the standard of proof requirement for the prosecution is beyond reasonable doubt. If the case is not 100% free of reasonable doubt then the court can dismiss the case. The four key elements prosecutors typically use to try and convict are:
- Driving impairment patterns: The NHTSA has identified 24 visual driving clues for police officers to detect impaired drivers such as swerving or running stop lights
- Physical signs and symptoms: Observations such as red eyes, alcohol odor or unsteady gate are probably the most easily discredited by the defense
- Field sobriety tests such as the one leg stand or Nystagmus tests
- Chemical test results or refusal: There are many ways to defeat breath and blood test results
Successful DUI defenses usually involve identifying issues in any of the four components above to show there is a reasonable doubt. The best DUI attorney Orange County, CA will analyze your case evidence to identify the highest probability defense strategy to use.
You Only Have 10 Days After A DUI Arrest to Stop DMV License Suspension
How We Work to Save Your California License
In California, DUI and driving while intoxicated DWI charges trigger a criminal court process and a parallel California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Admin per se (APS) hearing process. The process and procedure involved in an APS hearing is separate from the criminal court.
1) We need to request APS hearing within 10 days to halt suspension
The DMV provides a short 10 day window to request an APS hearing to dispute the license suspension. They strictly enforce the deadline.
Your license will be automatically suspended 30 days after arrest if we do not request the hearing in time.
2) The DMV's APS officer typically focuses on three questions:
- Who was driver of the vehicle involved?
- Did the officer make a lawful arrest and have reasonable cause to think you were driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
- Was your BAC 0.08% or higher (the limit is 0.05% or more if you're under age 21)?
Your exact blood alcohol level may not be known at the time of the hearing since labs can take weeks to release their testing results. Even if you weren't driving drunk, the police usually have justifiable reasons why they believed your were.
3) Our former DMV APS hearing officer or lawyer will represent you and argue to keep your license
Usually only an expert in California DUI laws knows how to provide the best answers to the DMV officer. It can be tricky to answer the questions in the best way for your case. Our experts have handled thousands of DMV hearings and are skilled at utilizing the process to your best advantage. Our goal is to save your license and further your defense.
4) It's important to retain a DUI attorney before the DMV hearing
The sooner we begin your defense, the better your odds of success. The DMV hearing is a key step that can function as a mini-trial allowing us to prepare for the potential criminal court process to come. At an APS hearing:
- We know DUI arrest laws and are skilled at making the case whether an officer's arrest followed all California laws.
- We can request important evidence before the APS hearing such as the exact BAC lab test results.
- California offers a public defender for those without attorney representation. County public defenders are not able to represent you at APS hearings, nor take advantage of the benefits they provide you. But we can.
5) The APS hearing can be an important source of evidence to use in your DUI defense
For the APS hearing, your attorney can subpoena the arresting officer which may reveal mistakes in how you were arrested. Your attorney can also subpoena calibration and maintenance logs for the breathalyzer and explore the device's history of malfunctions and issues. This evidence can later be used in your court trial or to negotiate with the District Attorney to get your charges reduced or dismissed.
APS hearings and criminal court cases are complex but offer valuable opportunities to build a successful DUI defense. Since the consequences of losing a DUI case are so high, it is important to have a team that has done thousands of cases handle it for you. Our experienced Orange County DUI Lawyers know how use every opportunity to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Call 949 750-2500 For a Free DUI Case Review
Our experienced attorneys will review your case and answer questions. The sooner we can begin your defense the better.